Below is a video clip of the STS-126 Shuttle launch this weekend - carrying CIR - the Combustion Integrated Rack :) (one of the projects I used to work on :) - too cool :) )
We had the incredible opportunity to watch the launch (the last scheduled night launch) from the VIP site. (Thanks Lorraine!)
I am amazed every time I see a launch. I apologize for the shakiness - I was very excited...and trying to hold back tears :)
A few descriptions so you can imagine being there...and get the whole effect...although...if you've never seen a launch I recommend trying to get down to see one before the shuttle retires (currently slated for retirement in 2010...possible it'll get extended a bit - we'll see)
* The bright dot - off to the left - was a full moon - beautiful (I can't wait to see some professional pics) :)
* You can actually feel the sound wave when it hits - such an incredible experience!
* Sorry I stopped the video so soon...it was starting to go out of my frame..and I was trying to keep the water at the bottom of the frame.
Will write more later about it, but wanted to post the video for my dad to watch :)
No comments:
Post a Comment