Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Catching up...

Okay - so things have been crazy busy since we got back from Greece.

Sept. 14th - we had our Introducing your dog to the baby class - which was very cool :)

Sept. 18th - We had our first Baby Shower (see other post :))

Sept. 24th - I flew home to NC for my friend Dela's Baby shower - she is due with Identical Twin Boys the week after me :) It ended up being a little different b/c she ended up in the hospital for the night b/c she was having contractions and was already 80% effaced, but they thankfully got it under control and she was released Saturday morning with strict 'Bedrest Orders' - so we took the shower to her! Little by little :) We still had everyone come to the hall which was decorated, but then shuttled them up to her house, so they could shower her and the boys with their love and gifts :)

Here's a picture of Sinead (her sister), Me, Dela, and Manish - at the end of the day!


I'll post some more pictures of the shower details later...but all in all we had a wonderful day and I was so happy that I was able to fly home for it.

It was also nice for me on a more personal basis b/c I was able to see some family that I haven't seen since the wedding and/or before! So, it was for for them to see my preggo belly :) and for me to share that with them! I can't wait for us to take 'Lil G' home to NC this spring to meet Dela's little boys and to show off our 'Lil G' :)

Good news update on my friend Dela too :) She has been following Dr.'s orders to a 'T' - only allowed to be up 5-10min/hr and has to rest on either her left or right side. Her hard work has paid off and her cervix has thickened up and looks like those little guys are staying put for a while longer :) We are all praying til at least early November - so keep her and them in your prayers :) They need to get a little bigger before they decide to make their appearance!

September 27th - We met with a potential pediatrics Doctor - that our OB/GYN Dr - Dr. Brooks and friend Yue had recommended. We fell in love with her and have decided that we'll go with her! She is a wonderfully sweet Christian lady that I know will look out for the best interest of our 'Lil G' :)

September 29th - we started our 'Prepared Childbirth Class' - it is a 5 week course that will cover, lamaze, baby basics, breathing, and the basics of what to expect when Lil G decides it's time to make his/her appearance! It was a good class - although I did struggle a bit w/ controlling my giggles during the relaxation/breathing part at the end of the class...those of you who know we well...know sometimes those giggles just come on and don't stop - often caused by nervousness :)

September 30th - a Happy Birthday to my brother Daniel and good friend Manisha - was also another Dental Cleaning - glad to be done with the dentist for a while...and we also got to meet our new Dr. We were supposed to have met him on the 21st (my Brother-in-Law Rex's B-day and good friend Bill's) but they didn't have us on the books :(. Anyway..our new Dr. is Dr. Fernbach - he is an older well seasoned doctor who was very thorough and to the point - we missed the 'small talk' that we had with Dr. Brooks, but are sure that he will do a good job :) We did find out after the fact that he delivered GG's Cousin Maria - who was an 11.5 lb baby - so we'll have to ask him at our next apt. if he remembers her! We are now visiting the Dr. every 2 weeks - so again on Oct. 14th and Oct 28th and then in November we'll go to seeing him weekly! WOW - we can't believe we are so close!

October 1st-3rd - Was a busy weekend! GG worked diligently to finish up the baby's room. We had stripped the wallpaper, he finished it while I was home in NC, and then primed last week, and painted it this weekend! It looks wonderful! On Saturday - our brother-in-law (Frank) came over to help install the overhead light in the baby room, which makes a world of difference - Thank you Frank! Then we went out to dinner with Frank and Leni on Saturday night! (Also a shout out to my Dad - who's Birthday was on Saturday!) Sunday afternoon - we headed to Leni and Frank's to help with the baby shower favors and rolling of silverware for our 'Greek Baby Shower' which is 10-10-10 :) It was fun to catch up with the family! Sunday night GG finished touching up the walls and then last night painted the trim! Here's a picture of the room in progress:


So all we have left is cleaning out the closet, setting up the closet organizer and cleaning the carpet! I'm looking forward to beginning to put all the goodies we have been blessed with in Lil G's room, so it is ready to welcome him/her in a 8 short weeks! We hit our 32 week mark today!

Tomorrow - we will go to our 2nd 'Prepared Childbirth Class' and Thursday - I have my Prenatal Water Thai Chi class (we thought it was a prenatal water aerobics class) that I am taking with Barb and Rachelle! It is definitely NOT aerobic...but I realized last week it is good for practicing our breathing and relaxing (for childbirth) and it also provides some good stretching - as well as some good quality time with my other preggo friends :)

Looking forward to this weekend. My mom and Manisha are flying in Friday night, and Dan/Becca are coming up either Friday night or Saturday for the Baby Shower on Sunday! I'm excited to have some quality time with them :) and we are very excited about our other baby shower! Mom and I are planning to start getting Lil G's room set up on Monday - since I have the day off and she isn't flying out until that evening :)

Yay! We are so truly blessed!

No comments: