
I know I've said it before - more than once - but we are truly blessed with the sweetest little girl and she was by far my favorite Valentine's gift!
We had a pretty low key day, George had to go get a drug test and physical for his new job, and Lilly and I had gone to pick up Yue and drop her off at the airport - so after we finished, Lilly and I went to go meet George for lunch at Panera and George called Kyle - Lilly's furture Nouno (Godfather) - to join us since he works right there! And Lilly loves her Uncle Kyle...

We then came home relaxed and exchanged gifts, before going out to dinner at the Olive Garden with George's sister and our nephews. We had been planning to go out to Houlihan's where we actually had our first date (it was actually for Valentine's Day - before I moved to DC - 6 years ago - WOW I can't believe it's been that long - I tell myself that George realized he was gonna miss me when I was gone...so he finally asked me out on a date! :D), so when we got the call from George's sister, we opted to go with them (We still plan to do our family date another day!), since our Godson/Nephew Gregory's Birthday was the next day!
So we met them for dinner and had a great time with them and then treated Gregory to some ice cream at Malley's. Lilly and I didn't really get to celebrate too much over ice cream - we'd had a pretty busy day and she didn't really get a nap, and when she woke up, she wanted nothing to do with her bottle - so Lilly and I ended up going out to the car to nurse for a bit because she was overtired and couldn't be soothed otherwise - by the time we came back in, they had to head home because the boys still had some homework to do, my ice cream was pretty much melted (I still ate a bit of it with my hot fudge :)), but at least we had a sleeping calm little girl!
We then came home and got Lilly changed and then we had a happy little girl who was quite verbal :)- George was laying down with her making noises and she was just talking away with him - mimicking the noises he was making - it was just precious! So, we all hung out for a little bit longer, enjoying Lilly's gabbing and then George finally got Lilly to take her bottle and off to sleep she went, the poor little thing was exhausted!
All in all we had a great day - filled with love and that's what it's all about - and I LOVE how much we both LOVE this little gift from above!
No comments:
Post a Comment