Quick recap:
Went to DC for my old DC roomie - Kristi's - Bridal Shower the weekend of July 17-18 and had a great time planning, preparing, and hosting the shower :D. My college roomie, Iris, and I drove down together in here Smart Car - definitely saves on gas, but was kind of scary b/c we were the smallest car on the road, and at one point on our way back I thought we might get blown off the bridge :P - she ended up spending the weekend with our other college buddy Heather and I got to spend a bit of time w/ her as well which was awesome :)
July 23 - Yue and I hosted Bunco at my house, so that was great fun - we 'Bunco Girls' always have a great time together. There are 4 of us that are Preggo right now :) That that is a fun experience as well :D
July 24th - GG and I headed down to Columbus for a 'Crew Game' - they are an MLS Soccer team. I had gotten us tickets for our anniversary (Paper is the 1-yr anniversary gift). We had a great time! Would love to go more often, but Columbus isn't exactly close.
July 27th - We met up with one of my best buds from College - Ryan and his wife, Barb, their little boy Rowan, and our other good friends Will and Rachelle at a local restaurant that had a 'Classic Car Night'. Both Barb and Rachelle are also preggo. Here's a picture of us. Barb is 25 weeks preggo, I'm 22weeks, and Rachelle is 11 weeks preggo in the pic. Barb had the great idea of us taking pictures as we each progress through our pregnancy.

July 29-Aug1 - I was lucky enough to head home to NC and spend some QT with my parents and two of my best friends from HS :) - Manisha and Dela. Dela is expecting Identical Twin Boys - check out her blog - http://twinparks2010.blogspot.com/ - the week after me (although they'll probably show up a little early - it's already tight in there - I think she is measuring 6 weeks bigger than I am - Craziness). Manisha was kind enough to host us in her beautiful Condo in Charlotte! It was so much fun to just hang out, get some pedicures, check out Buy Buy Baby and catch up. I am so blessed with wonderful friends and family :) Here's a picture in the parking garage as we were saying goodbye - not the greatest picture...but will help me remember a great weekend! I have a picture with Mom and Dad too that I still need to get off my camera and post :)

The first few weeks of August were just kind of hectic...things are up in the air right now with work and we've spent a few of the weekends just doing things around the house and catching up with other friends.
August 18 - My sister-in-law Becca's B-day :) was our last Dr.'s Apt. - well it was supposed to be our last apt. with Dr. Brooks, but she was at the Hosptial doing a delivery. So our wonderful Nurse, Kelly, checked us out and all is looking good :)! Our front desk staff is great too - Nadine - hooked us up to see Dr. Brooks one last time before she moves to her new position. So we have an apt. on August 30th with Dr. Brooks and I'll also have to do the yucky glucose test, but we are super excited to see Dr. Brooks one last time.
Last weekend August 20-22 - was a fun filled weekend. We went to the Akron Aeros minor league baseball game on Friday night to watch our nephew/godson, Gregory, throw out the first pitch. Then on Sat. we had a bunch of my ERAU college buds come over for a cookout. Our friend Bill (who is in the Air Force and based in OK) was home visiting his family, so Heather drove in from DC, and Iris and Ryan (who are in the CLE area) came over! It was just like old times sitting around the table catching up and laughing! We were supposed to go down and tailgate w/ George's sister and family with Bill and Jacki (they were going to the Brown's game) but it was raining, so we all ended up 'Tailgating' in Bill's hotel room :) Good times! Sunday was spent hanging out with Heather and Iris and we got to see Iris' new house :) That evening we went to Leni's (GG's sister's) for a end of summer cookout! Fun fun!
This week has been a busy one too - Monday Aug. 23rd - we had an Infant/Child/Adult CPR class, which GG and I went to with Barb (Ryan stayed home with Rowan), so that was a good refresher and was fun to hang out with Barb for a little while. Tuesday we hit the 26 week mark (need to take belly pics and post) and also went out with Kyle and Maria (GG's Cousin) - we had a great time at dinner with them! They are going to be our little one's 'Greek' Godparents :)
Tonight we are picking my dad up at the airport(he's coming up to watch the dogs for us while we are gone this weekend and in Greece) and then tomorrow we head down to Indiana for my old roomie -Kristi's wedding :) My dress is altered - yay! and we are ready to go :) Sunday we are gonna stop at Buy Buy Baby - so I can show GG this awesome store (they are a sister store to Bed Bath and Beyond...but just have baby stuff - very cool) Then Tues. we leave for Greece :) We can't wait!
So - my next update will likely be when we get back from Greece - so we'll have lots of Belly pics - the Baby at the Acropolis, Baby in Athens, Baby in Santorini, etc. etc....our little world traveller :)
Sept. will be a busy month too - our baby shower - Sept. 18th and then Dela's on the 25th :) The next few months are gonna fly by! I can't believe 'Lil G' will be here in 16 weeks! Craziness!
1 comment:
Aww. Lil' G gets to go to Santorini...I'm jealous!
Post a Comment