Thursday, March 3, 2011

Preparing for change...

So today was a big day for Lillian and I, our lives (mine and Lilly's - well..and George's - but I'm not sure it's gonna break his heart like mine...not to say he doesn't care - it's just different I think). Today, Lillian and I went to Lewis Little Folks - the daycare at NASA - where Lilly will be going to have her meet the teachers, see the room, and just kind of get familar with the environment. It was also for me to become comfortable with the environment I'm about to leave my sweet pea in for the majority of the day :( - breaks my heart - not because I worry about the care at the daycare, but because someone else will be watching/caring for her - not me :(! Lillian was very attentive to what was going on in the room, taking it all in while I talked with her teachers Renee and Alycia. They both seem very nice and I'm sure will take great care of Lilly.

Ideally I'd love to have as much time with Lillian as possible, but still maybe keep my 'foot in the door' at NASA and continue to bring in a little bit of an income, so we can get bills paid off, build up our savings again, and still have some extra $$ for us to be able to fun things with Lillian as she grows :) So we'll see - I'm anxious to talk to my boss next week and explore my options! I kind of feel like I'm playing 'tug-of-war' with my emotions of what to do, so I know it'll be nice to understand my options more clearly!

I'm beginning to get nervous about next week :( so please keep me and Lillian in your prayers as we make this transition!

Here's a picture I took today :) I think it kind of sums up/frames how I feel about my little sweet pea - It is of Lillian in her crib with part of the quote that I love...I think it says it all :) -

she actually fell asleep in there on her own - that was a first for us, as she usually falls asleep in our arms while eating - so hopefully the start of a good transition for her to 'soothe' herself and fall asleep on her own, which I think I read, we were supposed to start trying to do that with her around this time (I need to look again). We aren't quite to the age of letting her 'cry' it out - so I just stayed in there held the pacifier in her mouth and out she went :) She didn't sleep for long, but it's a start :)

Sure do love this little girl!

No comments: