I had the opportunity last night to attend a 'Breastfeeding Workshop' at Babies R Us. George had said he'd go with me if other guys were going, but since Yue had already offered to go with me I figured I'd let him slip out of this one (although I'll probably have him come to another one with me or at least for sure when we meet with the lactation specialist).
Anyway...it was super informative on all the different pumps - mostly by Madela (which is 'ma dela' - like my friend Dela - not Della), since they were the ones that sponsored it. But, that was the type of pump I was looking at anyway, b/c they had the best reviews and I've heard are hospital grade. I figure we want something that we'll be able to use with all our kids, so it'll be worth the extra $$ upfront to get one that lasts. I know the one that Yue got is already dying, so she'd gonna have to buy another one for her next little one.
I must admit - I am kind of nervous about Nursing (in the sense that I've heard some stories about how painful it can be), but I just pray that our little one will take to it easily and that I'll be able to push through it. It is so much healthier for the baby (builds their immune system and some studies show it aids in brain development), it is also extremely healthy for me (will help me lose that baby weight :), and has huge cost savings (baby formula is crazy expensive).
So - yes I must say that I'm glad Yue let me know about the classes offered at Babies R Us. George and I are planning to attend the "Buckle Up and Boogie" class all about car seats and safely installing them and the "Super Baby Shower" which helps you figure out what types of things you should register for....and who knows...maybe I'll have GG go with me to the Nursing 101 class again and then we are both up on what would be the best machine to get. Anyway...I just wanted to share this great service that Babies R Us has.
Cheers,
Vicki
No comments:
Post a Comment