So - It's been well over a year...and a lot has happened in that year - we planned a wedding, had a wonderful wedding weekend with our incredible family and friends, enjoyed a wonderful honeymoon in Mexico, sold Vicki's house, settled in our new home (George's House), and we most recently had the opportunity to catch the latest Shuttle Launch (on George's B-day) with some family and friends.
Our latest excitement though - that seems to top everything else we've done over the past year has been preparing for a new family member! :D Yup yup :D we are Expecting our first little one at the end of November and I can't tell you how EXCITED we are :)!!!! Not only us - but how excited our families are as well! This will be the first grandchild on my side of the family (My parents are Thrilled!) and the 4th on George's side (his sister has 3 boys and his Parents are thrilled as well :)). Here's our first picture of Baby Douzos - at 8 weeks 4 days :)

Today officially (well per babycenter.com) marks the first day of Week 14 - so we are officially headed into the second trimester :D! We've been looking forward to this day for a long time, so we can finally share our excitement/news with all of you! We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time last week, which was incredible!!! Of course I kept giggling, so my belly shaking up and down made it kind of hard to hear at times, so I had to try and keep my joy/laughter under control! But, it was incredible to hear and know that our little one has a strong heartbeat - 170bpm :)!
Here's an excerpt from babycenter.com - for week 14 - "Welcome to the second trimester! This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. " (note: only says 'his/he' b/c baby center switches it up every week - we will find out the baby's gender on/around November 30, 2010 - when our little one arrives) :)
This month will be a busy one for our little one - he/she will double in length to 6 inches in a sitting position and quadruple its weight from 1 ounce to 4 ounces. :)
We look forward to sharing this experience with you!
2 comments:
Oh Vicki,
That's the lovliest news I've heard in a while! How wonderful. I'm sure I'm not the first to congratulate you, but let me impart my most HEARTFELT congratulations!
I am so excited for you and I know you'll be such a wonderful Mom. I'm sorry we're so far apart, but I feel close to you regardless.
Love and Hugs all around!
~Amber
Yay!!! Dave and I are super excited for you guys and to welcome in a new family member. Keep blogging!!
Post a Comment