This week has been an exciting one, as our friends Ryan and Barb welcomed a little girl, Quinn Madison, into their family :D She was born on the 9th - just two days after her due date! Weighing in at 9lbs 1oz - I told Barb, I'm not sure how she fit b/c Barb is so tiny! She basically looked like she had a basketball under her shirt! We are hoping to go and meet her tomorrow, we would have gone sooner, but Ryan and Barb were exhausted and got to head home the following day, so we decided to let them get settled at home - but we can't wait to meet her!!!
Also heading home on Weds. - just one and a half weeks after their delivery - was Dela and Mike with their twin boys Miles and Jack :) Which is so exciting! Not sure if you remember or not, but Dela's 'official' due date was 1 week after me. So her boys were born at 34 weeks and 6 days - after Dela managed to keep them hibernating an extra 6 weeks - which is just incredible :)!!! I can't wait to meet these little guys and hold them too...but it'll likely be this spring before that happens :(
As for us and 'Lil G' we are still doing great :) No real changes...that we know of. I've started to have a little more pelvic pain/pressure, cramps (which I'm told are like 'false labor'), and random Braxton Hicks Contractions (also 'false labor' but painless). So - I've read and been told - all of which is normal and is basically my body preparing for the BIG Event!!!
Other exciting news on the home front is my Beautiful new Kitchen :) I am amazed by the transformation! I'll have to post a final final picture once all the dishes get put away, etc. but here are some shots of the Before and After! George and his Dad (who MADE our cabinets and Counter top) did an Incredible Job!!!
Entry Way Progression...
Before:

After Demo:

Tile Laid:

Tile Grouted and Baseboard up (different angle):

Kitchen Progression (Sink Side):
Before:

After Demo:

Reconstruction:

Countertops, Doors, Backsplash Started:

Backsplash and Tile Baseboard Done:

Kitchen Progression (Stove/Fridge Side):
Before:

After Demo:

Reconstruction - Cabinets In:

Cabinet Doors and Crown Molding:

Backsplash Done:

I'll do my best to get FINAL pics taken and posted this weekend :) It is truly a beautiful transformation! We can't say Thank you enough to everyone that helped - GG and His Dad throughout the entire process and the countless hours they put in, Frank, Kyle, Jacob, and Mike with Demo; GG's Dad's buddy for tiling, Frank (help with Electrical and Baseboard), Christopher (moving around the Shop Vac and being a good 'Gopher'), Gus for plaster/drywall, and Mom D for the wonderful meals she's fed us, while we were without a Kitchen! I'm sure I've probably missed someone or something that someone did...and if so...I'm sorry - we'll blame it on preggo brain...but we seriously can't Thank everyone enough for all your help and in the making of our new kitchen and in making it happen so quickly! :) Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment