Wednesday, November 24, 2010

39 Weeks...

Had our 39 Week appointment yesterday! Nothing too crazy - got to listen to our Lil G's heartbeat - 142bpm and got my belly measured - which is now right on track...measured in at 39 weeks!

I was definitely curious to know if any 'progress' had been made since our 38 week apt (i.e. dilation/effacement), but wasn't going to volunteer being 'checked' again! Dr. Fernbach said everything looked good, and that if he didn't see us before our appointment next week (i.e. at the hospital) that he would do another internal check to see how we are progressing!

I'm just doing my best to keep this little one hibernating til Jenni gets here (per her request). She'll get in around 2pm on Monday so we'll see! Mom and Dad are coming in late tonight...I'm hoping they are already on the road...I'm worried about them driving so late, esp. after Mom worked all day!

Tomorrow we are doing Thanksgiving Dinner at George's parents - I guess his mom has a 'backup plan' for the Turkey in case we end up going into labor! I was talking to his sister, Leni, last night and she was cracking herself up with how funny it would be if my 'water' broke while we were having our dinner ~ yeah...not so funny for me ~ I'd be mortified! But, we are hoping to be able to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving dinner and are especially Thankful that we've had a healthy pregnancy and can't wait to meet our 'Lil G' - just hopefully - after Thanksgiving! Oh and we also want to be there when George's Cousin and Husband, Maria and Kyle (future Greek Godparents of 'Lil G') announce what their little one is - they just found out on Monday, so we definitely don't want to miss that announcement!

We are truly blessed and have SO MUCH to be THANKFUL for! We'll keep you posted if we make it to Week 40 - or if 'Lil G' decides to show up a little early :D!!!

No comments: