Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Old Wives Tales...mostly predict GIRL!

I had an eye doctor's apt. on Monday - need to get some new contacts ordered before 'Lil G' arrives :) So, while there I of course was getting asked the normal pregnancy questions of: "When are you due?" and "Do you know what you are having?", etc. :)

So while in with the Doctor - he asked me if we knew what we were having and I of course said, 'No, we are going the Surprise route!"! So, then he starts to tell me about this study that he read where you can 'predict' the gender of babies by how the mother's tears break up. So, he asked if I wanted him to give it a shot :) I said sure, why not, it's all in good fun! So, he dapped my lower eye lid with something to get it to tear up...and then watched thru his scope to see how fast my tears 'broke' up (at least that's how I understood it). The study said if the mother's tears broke up in under 6 seconds, she was having a Girl and if they broke up after 10 seconds, she was having a Boy!

Mine broke up in 2 seconds...so based on this 'study'...we are having a GIRL! :) Ha ha! So, we'll see - I told him I'd let him know!

Another 'wives tale' that we played with was the Ring test - where you take a ring - I used my wedding ring and tied it to a piece of hair. Then you hang it over your wrist area, without letting it touch. The ring then begins to move - on its own - which is crazy! Based on the movement of the ring you can 'predict' if it is a girl, boy, and how many children you'll have (to do multiple kids you touch it to your wrist in between motions) - here's the breakdown:

Circle - it's a GIRL
Parallel with Forearm - it's a BOY
Perpendicular to Forearm - you are done having kids...

So...we of course had to try this (I had lots of my girlfriends do it :D) and based off that...it says...that We (George and I) will have three kids (had always planned for 4 - but we'll see...maybe we'll adopt one :D)...but of the three we will have it will be: Girl, Boy, Girl! So, another 'wives tale' we'll have to 'verify' :D

We of course have had various people look at me and the 'way I am carrying the baby' and tell me - "Oh it's a Girl!" or "Oh, it's a Boy!" or another one I heard recently was that If the mother is glowing - she's having a 'Boy' but if she's looked pretty rough through her pregnancy - she's having a 'Girl - b/c the girl steals all her beauty'. Ha - so...all those people that have told me I'm having a Girl - obviously thought I wasn't looking so great :P! Got a good laugh out of that one!

Regardless of what we are having - we will love this little one to pieces :) I think we both definitely have a little Girl on the brain...me mainly because I've slipped a few times and referred to 'Lil G' as 'She' - and probably because so many people have said 'Girl'. So lately I've been trying to prepare my brain that we could very well have a 'Boy' :) Ha ha! Either way - we will be surprised and can't wait to know and to hold 'Lil G'

Only 2 weeks - plus or minus a few days before we are holding our own little one in our arms!!!

No comments: