This weekend was a weekend - full of crazy sleep and dreams, which ultimately left me feeling well...not so rested.
We spent the weekend trying to clean and organize things a bit more before the arrival of our 'Lil G' - so Saturday we had stripped the bed, flipped the mattress, washed the pillows, remade the bed...but the pillows weren't quite dry yet...so went to bed using the pillows that are normally in our pillow shams...and very full, stiff pillows. So, Sunday morning, I woke up feeling like I'd been beat in my sleep - maybe my 'pregnancy induced' snoring is finally getting to my dear husband and he's 'beating' me in his and my sleep - ok...not really...I'm blaming it on the stupid pillows!
So, after church I was absolutely exhausted and decided to lay down and take a nap. It took me a while to finally get comfortable and fall asleep, but I finally did...and proceeded to dream that George and I were doing a bike ride, WITH LOTS of HILLS, and I was nervous going down the hills that my brakes were going to give out (I think my brakes really do need to be fixed on my bike...), so I was cautiously applying my front brake as needed :). Then at one point we came to stairs and I figured it best not to try and ride down them, so I picked up my bike and proceeded to run down them w/ my Belly and all :D! I had all these people saying to me that they couldn't believe I was doing the ride and I was like - 'Oh I've got another week or so before the baby come, no worries :D' - Ha ha! Thankfully, my mom called around 3ish and so I didn't 'finish' the bike ride - I probably would have woken up even more sore :D
Last night - after finally falling asleep - I proceed to dream that I read all the baby books I had, which in the dream was a TON more than I actually have! So, I would read one put it away, and go onto the next one and read it! I woke up at what I thought was 6:30, and was just purely exhausted, feeling like I hadn't been asleep - that I'd actually be reading that entire time, thankfully my eyes saw the numbers wrong and it was 5:30, so I was able to go back to sleep for another 1.5hrs! Craziness and I couldn't even tell you what I 'learned/read' in the books - ha!
Oh - and I'm not the only one having crazy dreams! One of my best friends from my ERAU days - Mariann - texted me early Sunday morning to tell me that she had dreamt that we were getting manicures together and I went into labor :) ha ha! I do want to go get a pedicure before 'Lil G' arrives, so let's hope that her dream isn't a 'sign' :D
Anyway...just thought I'd jot down the crazy dreams...I'm hoping that I can get a restful sleep tonight. All this dreaming has left me exhausted - but I hear that, along with getting up to go to the restroom every few hours is just our body's way of preparing us to get up with that little one every few hours after s/he arrives! I'd just like to be a little more rested before s/he arrives :)
So exciting! 1 week and 1 day from tomorrow til our 'official' due date! We should have done a 'pool' on when s/he would arrive :) and if 'Lil G' was a girl or a boy...oh well! I am gonna miss being pregnant - it's definitely been a fun experience! But, I can't wait to meet our 'Lil G' - the reality that we'll be holding our little baby boy/girl soon still hasn't sunk in!!! I'm not sure it actually will until I'm holding him/her in my arms!
No comments:
Post a Comment